Hitting the slopes?
Whether your are an experienced skier/boarder, or just beginning, you need to know how to make the most from your next ski trip – and ensure that you have adequate cover for unforeseen circumstances.
Our top tips to keep you safe:
- Take out adequate insurance
- Ski/board within your limits – if you need lessons, take them
- Familiarise yourself with the mountain map
- Wear the appropriate gear and protection
- Use the appropriate equipment
- Stay warm, wear sunscreen and take regular breaks
- Always ski/board with someone
- Observe and obey the signs on the slope
- Stay alert
- Follow the skier Alpine Responsibility Code
What could go wrong, and how you can stay protected:
- Break a bone, or need emergency evacuation?
- Trip delayed over 12 hours due to the weather or an avalanche?
- Need medical assistance on your trip?
- Equipment stolen or damaged?
- Ski runs closed? Need to re-locate?
- Feeling sick, but already pre-booked?
Making sure that you are adequately covered with the right insurance could save you thousands. Remember – if you can’t afford ski insurance, you can’t afford to ski.
Click here to read our guide to travel insurance.