Claims & Emergencies

When Something Goes Wrong

Going on holidays and travelling should be fun. The last thing you want to be doing is worrying about what to do if something goes wrong. Unfortunately, things can and do go wrong for thousands of Australian travellers every year.

Home | Customer Support | Claims Emergencies

Whether it’s falling sick or getting injured, luggage getting lost or damaged, or your transport being delayed or cancelled, you can contact Allianz Global Assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from overseas or within Australia. You can give notice of a claim by downloading a claim form or by calling one of the numbers listed below.

Cover My Trip travel insurance is underwritten Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz), one of Australia’s largest general insurers. Allianz Global Assistance, the leading provider of travel insurance and emergency medical assistance in Australia, manages their claims.

You can travel knowing that if something does go wrong, you will be looked after by people that care about people.

Need emergency assistance?

When you’re travelling, the last thing you want is for something to go wrong. But it happens! Needing medical attention can be daunting and stressful, especially in a foreign country where appropriate medical facilities may not be available and you can’t ask for help because you don’t know the language.

All Cover My Trip travel insurance policies include 24/7 emergency assistance provided by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance are a team of people who care about people, offering a very high standard of emergency medical assistance when you need it most. A leading provider of emergency medical assistance in Australia, they are on hand to:

  • Assess and monitor your condition after an accident or illness occurs while you are travelling;
  • Arrange for medical repatriation;
  • Work directly with the medical facility to ensure you get the appropriate and necessary treatment required;
  • Arrange for payment of hospital and medical bills;
  • Keep your family up to date and informed.

What you need to do

When calling for assistance, please make sure you have the following with you:

  • Your travel insurance policy number; and
  • A contact phone number for where you are.

Emergency Phone Numbers

In the event of an emergency, call the relevant number below for the country you are in at the time.

Australia 1800 010 075 Italy 800 787 451
Canada 1800 214 5514 Japan 0066 3386 1052
China (North) 10800 611 0094 Netherlands 0800 023 2683
China (South) 10800 361 0112 Austria 0800 778 103
France 0800 905 823 Singapore 800 6162 187
Germany 0800 182 7635 Switzerland 0800 561 361
Greece 00800 611 4107 Thailand 001 8006 121 082
Hong Kong 800 900 389 United Kingdom 08000 289 270
Indonesia 001 803 0612 195 United States 1866 844 4085

For all other countries, then please call the international operator and place a reverse charge call to (+) 61 7 3305 7499.

Need to make a claim?

What you need to do

Before making a claim, it’s important to have the following information with you:

  • Your travel insurance policy number;
  • A contact phone number for where you are;
  • Details of what has happened and what steps you have already taken i.e. if you are sick or injured and have received medical treatment, the details of the treatment and contact details of any treating doctor or hospital; and
  • Supporting documentation i.e. receipts for any payments made, police reports, property irregularity report from an airline.

How to make a claim

To make a claim:

  1. Download, print and complete the Cover My Trip claim form
  2. Attach all your supporting documentation to the form
  3. Send the completed form to either:
    • Travel Claims Department
      Locked Bag 3038
      Toowong DC QLD 4066
      Australia  or
    • [email protected]

Claim Guidelines

In the event of a claim, please use the following guidelines:

  • If you think that you may have to cancel or shorten your journey; or
  • For all medical, hospital or dental claims,please contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as practicable.
  • For loss or theft of your luggage and personal effects, report it immediately to the police and obtain a written notice of your report.
  • For damage or misplacement of your luggage and personal effects, caused by the airline, report it immediately to them and obtain a property irregularity report.
  • For damage or misplacement of your luggage and personal effects, caused by any other operator or accommodation provider, make a report of the incident to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement they make.
  • Submit full details of any claim in writing within 30 days of your return home.